All this morning socializing has resulted in a generous and decadent expectation around the first meal of the day. After enjoying weekday omelettes and fancy granola, my standard for breakfast has been elevated and I've actually found myself in a bit of a conundrum. Most breakfast options are either greasy, or, if they masquerading as a 'healthier option,' they are loaded with sugars and empty calories. If it wasn't already abundantly clear to you, I'm not shy about breakfast. I don't really care about consuming an abundance of calories first thing in the morning as I figure I have an entire day to burn them off and, frankly, I think most people could do with a good few more calories for their morning meal. I want to eat something wholesome, healthy and hearty!
This is why I was so pleased to receive some generous samples of Dorset Cereals, one of those companies that puts a lot of time and care into creating the best products possible. Founded in Poundbury, England amidst winding country lanes and beautiful coastlines, the company is all about the simple pleasures in life. Dorset cereals boast terrific natural wholegrain ingredients that are blended together without additional sugars, weird chemical fillers or extra preservatives.
- Simply Delicious Muesli – Raisins, sultanas, sunflowers seeds, dates, Brazil nuts, roasted hazelnuts and multi-grain flakes
- Fruit, Nuts & Seeds Muesli – raisins, flame raisins, dates, sunflower seeds toasted coconut and chopped, roasted hazelnuts
- Really Nutty Muesli – Cashews, Brazil nuts, hazelnuts, almonds, sultanas, dates, flame raisins and multi-grain flakes
- Super High Fibre Muesli – A blend of toasted cereals with flame raisins, dates, sunflower seeds, toasted coconut and chopped, roasted hazelnuts
- Super Cranberry, Cherry & Almond Muesli – Cranberries, cherries, almonds, raisins, sultanas, sunflower seeds, flame raisins and toasted cereals
And the following cereal blends were just recently introduced in Canada:
- Simply Nutty Muesli - Multi–grain flakes with whole almonds, oat flakes, dates, Brazil nuts and sunflower seeds
- Honey Granola – Crunchy oats, sunflower seeds, flaked almonds, pecans and pumpkin seeds
- High in fibre
- Contains whole grains
- No added preservatives
- No added sugar
- Suitable for vegans
- Kosher options
I've been enjoying Dorset Cereals with Greek yogurt for a high fibre, high protein, high energy breakfast option. Dorset Cereals have more fruits, nuts and taste than traditional muesli, which means that, when I ride my bike to work, I'm not famished by 10 am.
Delicious Dorset Cereals can be found at the following groceries:
Loblaw, Fortinos, Sobey’s, Sobey’s West, Sobey’s Atlantic, Price Chopper, Metro, Metro Quebec, Longo’s & London Drugs.
Or you can consult the company's website for other retail options.